RGUKT Admissions 2011
RGUKT Admission Process
How To Apply
There are two modes of submitting application, Offline and Online. An applicant needs to submit his/her application through any one of the two modes. However, RGUKT encourages submission of applications online.
1. Applications, for offline submission, are available at the select branches of State Bank of Hyderabad and Andhra Bank. The prescribed cost of application including the registration fee is Rs.100/-. Applications can also be obtained from RGUKT, Hyderabad and RGUKT (IIITs) at Basar/Nuzvid/RK Valley by paying Rs.100/- in cash or by post by sending a crossed DD for Rs.100/- from any nationalized bank in favour of Registrar, RGUKT payable at Hyderabad.
2. Each Application packet contains the Application Form (OMR/ICR Sheet), an instructions booklet, a Brochure, and an RGUKT addressed envelope.
3. The application will be in the form of an OMR/ICR Sheet. After going through the instructions on the procedure of filling of the application form, the candidates shall fill the details in the relevant space provided in the Application Form using black or blue ink ball pen. HB Pencil shall be used to darken the circles. The application form is going to be read by machines and therefore it is very important that instructions about how to fill up the application from must be followed scrupulously. If needed, the applicant may take the help of his or her class teacher to fill the form.
4. Copies of SSC/CBSC/ICSE . Hall ticket (for all) and certificates in proof of community, Children of Armed Forces, Physically Handicapped, Sports/NCC etc., (wherever applicable), shall be sent along with the filled application in the cover specified for the purpose.
5. Filled Application along with the copies of certificates shall be sent to the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, III Floor, APSCHE Building, JNTU Campus, Opp. Mahaveer Hospital, Masab Tank, Hyderabad-500028, in the specified cover preferably by Registered Post. The application can also be submitted in person at the RGUKT Head Office, Hyderabad.
The last date for the receipt of application by the RGUKT Hyderabad office is: 4.6.2010. Although it is optional, the applicants who purchased the application packet are also strongly encouraged to make an advance entry of information of their application through online from any of the AP Online Centre/Kiosk by paying a service charge of Rs.5/-, in addition to sending the filled application by post. This is to ensure advance registration at RGUKT Server. They have to enter their OMR Sheet number at the appropriate place on the online format. The filled application (OMR Sheet) shall be sent to RGUKT, Hyderabad whether the online entry is made through AP-Online Centre/Kiosk or not.
List of State Bank of Hyderabad branches for purchase of application
List of Andhra Bank branches for purchase of application
1. The online application format, along with instructions, will be available at the RGUKT Website and the candidate can download. (For application format see http://admissions2010.rgukt.in/apply)
2. After carefully reading the instructions on the printout, the applicant has to purchase a DD for Rs.50/- in favour of The Registrar, RGUKT payable at Hyderabad, from any nationalised bank towards the registration fee.
3. The applicant shall submit his/her application through online at the RGUKT Website (http://admissions2010.rgukt.in/apply) by filling all the columns appropriately and particularly the DD number etc.
4. The applicant shall take a printout of the filled application and send the same, along with the original DD for Rs.50/- and copies of certificates (same as mentioned at offline submission procedure), to the address of Registrar, RGUKT, Hyderabad, preferably by Registered Post to reach the RGUKT Hyderabad office before the last date.
As a low cost alternative, the applicant can also send his/her online application through A.P. Online Centre/Kiosk by paying Rs. 50/-, (instead of DD), plus a service charge of Rs.15/- at the AP Online Centre. Afterwards, the applicant has to send the filled printout to the RGUKT by post as along with the copies of certificates and AP Online receipt.
List of Andhra Bank branches for purchase of application
Admissions into each of the RGUIIITs are on the basis of Mandal Best criterion. Candidates who passed their Xth class or its equivalent in the first attempt in 2009-10 are eligible to apply. Seats are filled from among the applicants.
1. Admissions are on the basis of the applications received by the RGUKT
2. Candidates who passed their SSC or its equivalent examination in the first attempt in 2009-10 from the state of Andhra Pradesh are eligible for admission to RGUKT (IIIT).
3. There will be no entrance examination and admission will be strictly based on student performance in the SSC or other equivalent Board Examinations such as CBSE, ICSE, Oriental SSC and NOS.
4. Allocation of Seats The total intake of the students from Andhra Pradesh together at the three institutions will be 3000. After the allotment to PH, CAP, NCC & Sports categories, these seats will be allotted as follows:
1. State Wide Merit: 15% of the seats are allotted for admission from all the schools in A.P.
2. Rural Seats: 85% of are allotted for the students attending schools in rural mandals of A.P. The schools in rural mandals are strictly as identified by the Department of School Education, Government of A.P.
1. All the rural seats are allocated according to rules applicable to a State-wide University, i.e., 42% of the seats are allocated to Andhra Unversity, 36% to Osmania University and 22% to SV University areas. Region wise and reservation wise allocation of seats are provided in the table at the end.
2. The rule of reservation is followed at the regional level as per the rules in force, both in respect of rural and state-wide merit divisions
3. Within the open/reservation category, the seats are distributed among various districts in a region based on 2001 India Census population levels.
3. The State Wide Merit and Rural Seats will be distributed in the proportion of 70%, 20% and 10% to Government, Private and Residential schools (Govt. means Govt., ZP, Municipal & Aided schools, Residential means Govt. Residential including those run by Govt. Societies and Private means all the others).
4. A candidate applying under Rural category shall have necessarily studied his/her 10th Class in a school located in a rural area, irrespective of Govt. or private or residential categories
5. Similarly, a candidate applying under Govt. School category shall have necessarily studied his/her X Class in a Govt. School. The same rule will apply for Residential School category. All those who don t satisfy the above condition will be treated under the Private School category.
6. The same procedure is applicable for Govt. or Residential categories in the state-wide merit quota.
7. Reservation of seats as per the existing G.O will be followed for allocation of seats, i.e., SC 15%, ST 6%, BC-A 7%, BC-B 10%, BC-C 1%, BC-D 7%, BC-E 4% in both State Wide Merit and Rural Seats.
8. Reservation for Physically Handicapped and Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) will be followed as per the existing G.O at the state level, i.e., 3% and 2% respectively as a horizontal reservation.
9. Reservation for NCC & Sports will be followed as per the existing rules, i.e., 1% and 0.5% respectively as a horizontal reservation (for CAP, PH, NCC and Sports, the certificates obtained from the appropriate district board are only valid)
5. The Selection Process The seats will be filled based on the Mandal Best (merit order in the mandal) criteria, amongst the applicants, taking mandal as a unit in the district. The method of filling is at the rate of one/two seats for one mandal taking the best from each mandal under each category depending on the available number of seats in that category and in that district. The remaining or spill over seats are allotted across the pooled mandals in a district as per the merit order in the district considering only the remaining mandal bests, at the rate of one for each mandal, to the extent of available seats.
6. If the seats are lesser in number than the number of mandals, the selection is made across the pooled mandals in a district as per the order of merit in the district considering only the mandal bests (for example, in a district, if there are 14 seats in a category and 10 mandals, each mandal gets one seat based on the merit order in each mandal. That is, the first candidate gets seat from each mandal. The remaining 4 seats will be distributed to the 4 mandals in the district as per the merit of order of the second best in each mandal)
7. The selection of students will be based on percentage marks rounded to one decimal among the students taking SSC or equivalent 10th class exam. In case of a tie, the person who got higher marks in English will be selected. In case of a further tie, marks in Mathematics are taken into consideration. If the candidates get equal marks in both English and Mathematics, then, the person who is older in age will get selected.
8. Students From The Other States and International Students In order to promote diversity, up to 5% of seats will be added to the existing seats and will be open to students attending schools in other states and international students. Admission will be on the basis of their marks (percentage rounded to the first decimal) in 10th standard examination. A minimum of 70% marks will be required. The annual fee for students from other states is Rs.1,36,000/- and for international and NRI Students Rs.3.0 lakhs. For the admission procedure in respect of these categories please see http://admissions2010.rgukt.in/global . Top
Intimation to the Selected Candidates
The selected candidates will be informed about their selection through Call Letters addressed to them to the postal address provided by them in their application form and through e-mail to the e-mail id provided by them. Also the list of selected candidates will be displayed on the RGUKT Website.
Counseling and Admission:
The selected candidates, upon intimation from the RGUKT, shall report at the respective RGUKT (IIIT) Campus on the designated date, without fail, for counseling and admission, subject to verification, into the first year of the 6-year integrated course along with the required fee, original certificates etc. as directed in the Call Letter. Classes with the bridge programmes will be earnestly started from the day one. There will be only one counseling for admissions.