If You Have any Queries on
RGUKT Admission Process and RGUKT Admission Procedure contact us email@example.com
RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF KNOWLEDGE TECHNOLOGIES
(Established by Govt of AP under Act 18 of 2008)
Vindya, C-4, IIIT Campus, Gachi Bowli, Hyderabad – 500032
Telefax:040-23001830, website: www.rgukt.in
RGUKT Admissions-2011 Procedure
The 'online' application and other details are available at the website http://admissions2011.rgukt.in. The candidates are advised to read the guidelines given on each item in the application form while filling it.
The registration fee for online submission of the application is Rs. 100/- (one hundred rupees only) paid through a crossed DD from any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favor of 'The Registrar, RGUKT', and payable at Hyderabad.
When a candidate clicks on Application for Andhra Pradesh Students a window will appear asking for details of school board, hall-ticket and date of birth. Fill the information correctly and click on 'submit'. Then, some details of the candidate, drawn from the database of the respective 'School Board', will appear on the screen. If the details are correct, click on 'YES' and proceed further to fill-in the application.
In case, any of the details is incorrect, click 'NO'. Then, a pull-down window with different fields will appear. Click each one of them as 'correct' or 'incorrect', and then continue.
Note: The candidates shall submit the documentary proof for the correct version while sending 'printout of the application' (after the online submission of application) to the RGUKT.
You will get 'Guidelines to fill' for every item on the right side of the screen. Please take their help in filling the online application.
Fill all the items in the application correctly (including the DD number) and click on 'submit'.
Immediately after submitting the application online, take a printout, sign it and send it along with the original DD for Rs.100/- and copies of certificates (listed below) to the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Vindya C-4, IIIT Campus, Gachi Bowli, Hyderabad-500032, by Registered Post to reach before the last date.Top
The applicants can send their online applications by availing the services of any "A.P. Online Centre" by paying Rs. 100/-, (in cash), plus a service charge of Rs.15/- per application at the AP Online Centre. The centre will issue a receipt for the same.
The applicant shall submit a print copy of the filled-in application, duly signed, along with copies of receipt issued by APOnline centre and certificates, to the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Vindya C-4, IIIT Campus, Gachi Bowli, Hyderabad-500032, by Registered Post to reach before the last date.Top
Copies of the following certificates / documents should be sent along with the print copy of the application that was submitted online:
A crossed demand draft for Rs 100/- in the name of the Registrar, RGUKT, to be payable at Hyderabad (or) the receipt issued by the APOnline services.
Hall Ticket of SSC/CBSE/ICSE (10th class),
Study Certificates from Fourth class to Tenth class/ Residence certificate by those claiming Local category (in any of AU/OU/SVU areas), (for details, see Annexure - III)
Residence certificate / service certificate of parents by those claiming Non-Local category (for details, see Annexure - IV)
Marks List of 10th class Public Examination, i.e., SSC/CBSE/ICSE/NIOS.
Proof of caste / community certificate (SC/ST/BC) in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under any of these categories, (for details, see Annexure - V)
Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VI)
Children of Armed Forces (CAP) certificate in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VII)
NCC certificate by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VIII)
Sports certificate(s) at the level of inter-district and above by those claiming reservation under this category, (for details, see Annexure - VIII)Top
Last date for receiving online application by RGUKT : 25.07.2011
As per the Government letter No 7917/EC.2/2011-3 dated 05.07.2011, admissions to the first year of RGUKT 6-year integrated engineering program for the academic year 2011-12 will be made by adding a deprivation score, weightage of 4% in terms of percentage of marks, to the tenth class marks of an applicant from Government schools including the Zillaparishads and Municipal schools
The allotment of seats will be in accordance with the Provisions of AP Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974 (G.O. No.646, dated 10.7.1979, and herein called the Presidential Order, 1974, see Annexure - I), as per the judgment of the Hon?ble High Court of AP in WP 16657 of 2010, and pending the SLP in the Supreme Court of India.
- Candidates should have passed SSC (10th class) or any other equivalent examination, recognized by the Government of A.P, conducted in 2011.
- Candidates should not have completed 18 years of age as on 31.12.2011, (21 years in case of students belonging to SC and ST categories)
- Candidate should have applied for admission in the prescribed form, and sent the print copy of the online application submitted along with all the certificates to the Registrar, RGUKT, on or before the last date prescribed.
- International students shall be of Indian Nationality / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders Top
- 2. Rules of Reservation:
- Admission to 85% of the total available seats shall be reserved for the 'local candidates' and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved as specified in the Presidential Order, 1974 (see Annexure-1).
- As RGUKT is a state-wide institution, the seats reserved for the local candidates (85% of the total available) will be distributed among the three regions of the State namely, Andhra University, Osmania University and Sri Venkateswara University areas in the ratio of 42:36:22, respectively.
- The rules of reservation are followed for both local and open categories. The reservations are applicable at the region level in respect of local candidates.
- Reservations of seats for various categories are as follows subject to any changes and amendments made by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- SC - 15%, ST - 6%, BC-A - 7%, BC-B - 10%, BC-C - 1%, BC-D - 7%, BC-E - 4% for both 'local' and 'unreserved' categories.
- Physically Handicapped (PH) - 3%, Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) - 2%, NCC - 1% and Sports - 0.5%. (These reservations are applicable at regional level except for CAP which is done at state-level).
- Certificates issued by the respective District Board alone are acceptable. Model proformas are given for all the above categories in Annexures. Since the courses offered are technical in nature and require appropriate physical fitness, RGUKT reserves the right of rejecting the application of such candidates who are not fit to pursue the course.
- A (horizontal) reservation of 33 1/3 % of seats in favor of women candidates in each category (OC/SC/ST/BC/Special Categories) shall be ensured, wherever women candidates are available.
- In case of PH and CAP categories, certificates issued by the respective District Board alone are acceptable. Model proformas are given for all the above categories in Annexures
- Since the courses offered are technical in nature and require appropriate physical fitness, RGUKT reserves the right of rejecting the application of such candidates who are not fit to pursue the course.
- The selection in each category is based on the marks obtained in SSC or its equivalent examination conducted in 2011.
- While preparing the merit list, a deprivation score, weightage of 4% in terms of percentage of marks, will be added to the tenth class marks of an applicant from Government schools including the Zillaparishad and Municipal Schools, as per the Government letter No. 7917/EC.2/2011-3 dated 05.07.2011.
- In case of a tie, the candidate who got higher marks in English will be selected. In case of a further tie, marks in Mathematics are taken into consideration. If the candidates get equal marks in both English and Mathematics, the candidate who is older in age will get selected.
- Intimation to Selected Candidates
- The list of candidates selected for counseling will be displayed on the university website www.rgukt.in.
- The candidates will also be informed by post, e-mail and SMS message, wherever possible, to the address written in the application form.
- The candidates selected for counseling shall report in person at the RGUKT Campus allotted (Basar/Nuzvid/RKValley) for verification of original certificates / documents and the details provided in the application form.
- Counseling and selection for admission in respect of candidates belonging to the Special Categories like Physically Handicapped (PH), Children of Army Personnel (CAP), NCC and Sports will be conducted at RGUKT campus, at Hyderabad. Top
- Admission to the first year of 6-year integrated engineering course in the university will be granted only after satisfactory verification and scrutiny of the details mentioned in the application and the original certificates / documents submitted by the candidate at the counseling center. Mere selection for counseling and verification of certificates / documents will not guarantee admission to the candidate.
- The allotment of the admitted candidates to the three constituent centers of the university will be on the basis of merit-cum-preference, the decision of the University shall be final in the matters of allotment.
- The candidate shall pay the fee prescribed for the first year of the 6-year integrated engineering course at the time of admission.
- Admission of Students from other States and International Students
- In order to promote diversity, up to 5% of seats will be added to the existing seats (supernumerary) and will be open to students attending schools in other states, and to international students. Admission will be on the basis of their marks in 10th standard examination. Such candidates who got a minimum of 70% are eligible. The annual fee for students from other states is Rs.1,36,000/- and for International/NRI Students Rs.3.0 lakhs.
- Applicants from the States other than Andhra Pradesh and International/NRI applicants shall apply through RGUKT Website only. The Offline Application form (OMR/ICR Sheet) is not meant for them
Last date for receiving filled application by RGUKT : - 2011
Display of Selection List for Counselling : - 2011
Counselling dates at RGUKT IIITs : - 2011
Counselling dates for Special Categories* : - 2011
Starting of classes (for 2011 Batch) : - 2011
*Counseling for PH,CAP,NCC & Sports categories will be at Hyderabad.